On Saturday, September 15, at Liberty Cinema in Mumbai, Only Much Louder invited its fans and supporters to The Loudest Day of the Year. Some massive announcements were made, much to the delight of everyone that attended, and as soon as news filtered through to the Internet via Twitter, OML’s Loudest Day became a major topic of discussion.
NH7 was at the frontline (obviously), and here’s a list of some of the big announcements on the day.
- The Syndicate, OML’s artist management and booking arm, has signed a bunch of new bands and solo artists. These include Alien Chutney, The Supersonics, Karsh Kale, Swarathma, Dualist Inquiry, La Pongal, Midival Punditz, Nucleya, Clinton Cerejo, Swanand Kirkire, Apeksha Dandekar, DJ MoCity and Jai Row Kavi.
- A preview of the first release from NH7 Films was shown. NH7 Films will produce and release original documentaries and films, representing a DIY aesthetic and vision that’s integral to NH7.in’s editorial outlook. The first film, a documentary about the Shimla rock and metal scene, will be released soon.
- The recently launched NH7 Music Store is a tie-up between NH7 and Flyte, designed to bring independent music from India online for purchase. Currently, the store features an impressive roster of Indian and international indie bands. In the upcoming months, all Indian independent music, spanning decades, will be available on the NH7 Music Store.
- NH7 has now tied up with BookMyShow.com as a ticketing partner for all its festivals and events.
- Babble Fish Productions, the video production arm of OML, showed a sneak peek of season two of their Cannes Lion-winning show The Dewarists. A brand new fiction show, called Bring On The Night, was also previewed. The show will debut on MTV India on September 22.
- As announced earlier, the Bacardi NH7 Weekender will be in three cities this year – in Delhi at the Buddh International Circuit, in Pune at Amanora Park Town, and in a massive 20-acre, forest-like expanse in Bangalore.
- Party Barky Hai will host a special area for dogs at the festival this year. Details of how to bring your doggies to the festival here.
- All three Bacardi NH7 Weekenders will feature food options from different world cuisines. NH7 will continue to root for and work with small businesses as opposed to corporate chain eateries.
- Relive the disco generation at the Breezer Zone at the festival. You can only enter the area if you wear one of several hundred costumes on offer at the gate. That’s right, Instagram party.
- Bacardi NH7 Weekender has tied up with Royal Enfield. A team of bikers will be traveling to each of the festivals and the festival grounds will have a dedicated parking area and a bikers cafe for Royal Enfield riders. Royal Enfield bikes can also be serviced at the festivals.
- NH7 will launch Festivapp, an app for iOS and Android that will provide up-to-date information about all festivals (music, art and culture) taking place in the country. Festivapp will also feature artist profiles, festival schedules, a live feed, push alerts, festival maps, a photo-booth, venue and local area information and other useful tools.
- One of last year’s Weekender highlights, the Dub Station, will feature in all three cities this time around with some massive underground acts including Soom T and Reggae Rajahs.
- NH7 Weekender will have a new stage called ‘The Fully Fantastic Stage’ dedicated to the late Amit Saigal, founder of Rock Street Journal. The stage will feature hotly tipped acts from India and around the world that need to be a part of your playlist.
- The Bacardi NH7 Weekender Delhi lineup will feature Megadeth, Anoushka Shankar, Hexstatic, Bobby Friction, Soom T, Zero, Indus Creed, Parikrama and many more. Complete lineup here.
- The Bacardi NH7 Weekender Pune will have Karnivool, Das Racist, Trilok Gurtu, Kailasa, Jinja Safari, Seun Kuto & Egypt 80, Engine Earz, Michal Menert (Pretty Lights Music) and more. Complete lineup here.
- The Bacardi NH7 Weekender Bangalore will be headlined by Periphery, Fink, Foreign Beggars and Bauchklang. The complete lineup will be announced soon.
- Friday at the Bacardi NH7 Weekender Pune will feature ‘The Together Sets’, which will be special, one-hour sets curated by Dualist Inquiry, Gaurav Raina, Arjun Vagale, Karsh Kale and Swarathma.
- The Manganiyar Seduction, an audiovisual feast by 60 Rajasthani folk musicians, will have its own stage at the Bacardi NH7 Weekender Pune. Check out a video of the act here.
- There will be an option to buy season tickets to Bacardi NH7 Weekender. A special ticketing option will give festival-goers who buy a three-day ticket to the Bacardi NH7 Weekender Pune, before October 5, free entry to either Bacardi NH7 Weekender Delhi or Bacardi NH7 Weekender Bangalore.
- OML has pledged Rs 3,000,000 to support the activities of the Music Basti project, a program to educate underprivileged kids in the field of music. The Music Basti project will also perform at Bacardi NH7 Weekender Delhi.
- A Summer’s Day, OML’s newest festival, programmed and designed with female audiences in mind, will take place in Mumbai in March 2013, and will be headlined by Norah Jones, in what will be her first-ever performance in India. Other artists will be announced at a later date. More here.
- OML launches The Coalition, a platform that aims to bring together the experiences of current creative leaders, the power of institutions and potential of those who can change the future of the creative industry. The Coalition will have a forum to provide expert advice, empower ideas and embolden young talent to launch their creative journeys.
More coverage of The Loudest Day of the Year event soon. Stay tuned.