Rocktoberfest played out over three days at the Garden of Five Senses in New Delhi. Lazy River, FIVE8, Advaita and Thermal & A Quarter played the final day. We were there.
- The Garden of Five Senses is a beautiful outdoor venue for gigs. Think the Bandra Amphitheatre in Mumbai, only with more garden. You have to walk through a jungle adventure maze to finally get there though.
- The three free pints of beer with the Rs 400 entry ticket was a genius idea. Made better by the fact that after 9.30pm, Kingfisher announced an open bar. In Delhi. (okay, that was a low blow)
- Lazy River would find easy employment at a yuppie, alt pub where their brand of no-brainer, twee rock would fit right in with the moderately overpriced French fries and Carlsberg.
- FIVE8 claim to be ‘glam’ but their trappings are more ’80s hair/hard rock.
- Advaita in New Delhi > Advaita in Mumbai
- Thermal & A Quarter were efficient, but without regular bassist Rzhude David, seemed to lack their usual energy. We caught them at one of the best gigs of the year so far at the Blue Frog recently, but more on that later.
- Another Vertigo Rush closed Rocktoberfest at Cafe Morrison after this gig. Pics and notes from there coming soon.
We took a bunch of pictures at the gig. Here are a few.